Experience Swamp Photography at its Best!
Capture the magic of the morning light as it reveals a one-of-a-kind endangered ecosystem in its pristine form, or immerse yourself in the afternoon light at the golden hour!
This is not an instructional workshop; this is a guided walk that stops at several of Clyde’s favorite photographic locations. This tour is leisurely paced and tailored to your needs. We ask that you allow up to 2 hours for preparation as well as exploration! If you would like a longer walk please call the gallery (239) 695-2428 or book additional time slots.
What to Bring
- Light rain gear
- Camera and lenses
- Tripod (suggested for long exposures)
- Bug spray
- A plastic bag to cover your camera in case of rain
- A backpack to carry these supplies
- Lunch in a cooler, for after your walk
- Bring a change of dry clothes and shoes for after your walk
What to Wear
- Long pants
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Hat and shoes that tie (such as sneakers)
What you might expect during different seasons
- FALL (October – November) With the golden accents of Fall, our Autumn swamp is still a lush leafy encounter, water level: 18″ – 36″
- WINTER (December – February) the Cypress Needles fall and the winter birds start to arrive, water levels start to lower 0″ – 30″
- SPRING (March – June) The waters levels are lower and you may even see animal tracks. Water levels 0″- 12″
- SUMMER (July – September) You will experience lush, wet, and refreshing foliage as Cypress, Pond Apple and Pop Ash trees are in full leaf. Water levels 0″- 40″
Tours take place behind Clyde Butcher’s Big Cypress Gallery, located along the scenic Tamiami Trail (U.S. 41), 47 miles east of Naples and 36 miles west of Miami at Mile Marker 54.5, about half a mile east of the Big Cypress National Preserve Oasis Visitor Center.